Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Who or what have you lost?

Grief can come over the loss of many things - a loved one, a pet, a way of life, innocence...

I lost my son. With that, I lost my entire future as his mother, and the many things we would have shared. I lost my connection to the world of teenage boys. I lost my energy and drive, my strength and health, for many months. There is a lot I just don't find important any more.

Of course, life does go on and each hard experience has gifts within it. That does not take away or invalidate the pain.

I will not ever be the person I was before, for better and for worse.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its so true grief comes in many forms whether its death in a family or a pet. We live in such difficult times and also our time on earth goes quickly. I say that to say this we must live and love, dont give up and never stop praying. Time will heal all wounds.

CarolW44 said...

Yes, time does help, and it's not much of a life if we retreat too far out of fear, but you can only do what you can do at the time.

Anonymous said...

Why does the heart grieve when one knows not a loss that may have or not happened? The pain of not being with one that one is in love with pushes the rib cage that makes breathing difficult. With the pain comes the joy of love that hurts. Is there a cure?

CarolW44 said...

While there is life, there is hope, What cure can there be, anonymous, but time and chance?