Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I am coming back to life

A couple of days ago I suddenly found myself thinking about the future, wondering what I was going to do now, and realizing that whatever it is would be very different to anything I might have been headed towards in my old life, before losing Daniel.

I'm not the same person, and my future is not the same as it would have been.

But thinking that made me realize that I've come out of numb survival and I am ready to live again.  Funny, hadn't realized I was just surviving...

I feel good and I'm looking forward to the future now.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

I am so happy that your are finding your way back. For me, I still am unable to cope with my loss. I feel like I am always grieving and just don't see the excitement in life as I once did before. I am trying to help myself get out of this funk by using http://onlineceucredit.com/edu/social-work-ceus-dl to help me move beyond my grieving stage, and like you, CarolW44, come back to life.

CarolW44 said...

Hi Sandra, thank you for your comment. I hope the materials on that link you provided are helpful, though they seem to be aimed more at counselors. I guess it helps to step back and understand yourself. As for the excitement in life, it is hard to feel excitement, it's like losing your innocence I guess, because that feeling of certainty is gone. My best feelings come when I am creating some sort of project - a new ebook or website, but I guess other projects would feel good too if I was doing them.